I guess since everyone else has a blog that Kathryn and I might as well start one as well. This is kind of like the idea of facebook where I just don't want to do it, but when in Rome....
Seriously though I think I will still hold off on joining facebook, you know, purely for stubbornness. Today was the last day of summer school for me. Unfortunately I still have one more assignment to turn in on monday. You would think that if school is over homework should be over as well. Obviously not. School never really ends for me though since I start a LSAT prep course starting this saturday. Lovely, I get to twist my brain in knots over yet another practice LSAT for a few hours on one of the few days Kathryn doesn't have to go to work. The sacrifices we all make...
Since Kathryn and I don't have any children, there isn't nearly as much fun stuff to update everyone on. Porkchop has lost a little weight, but he likes to supplement his diet with whatever becomes available. Recently that has been with a LOT of plums. Picking up the side yard is just picking up a bunch of plum pits clumped together. Oh, and since the apricots have started dropping he decided that he loves those, not so juicy and messy (since too much juice is a bad thing when you don't have cheeks to keep the mess in your mouth). As if that wasn't enough to keep him full he spends the evening hours running on the back lawn chasing and eating what I can only assume -from his jumping and darting with smackings of lips- are grasshoppers. Then when he has tired of those he goes to the back porch to polish off his meal with a few moths trying to get through the screen door. He is a spaz and eats everything in sight, but he's a pretty good dog. And as you can see he leads a pretty rough life. (This is from a few months ago before the diet and the summer weather arrived.)
On another note, last weekend we were lucky enough to see David, Griselda, and all the boys as they came down to see some of Griselda's family and spend some time with us. I think they are really happy to be back in California. The weather was great for them and I can't imagine they would be missing the Michigan summer. The boys got to play with Porkchop in the backyard and they found out that he is able to fit 2 tennis balls in his mouth at once so you need to have 3 balls in order to play fetch for any length of time. They also joined us for breakfast on the 4th of July since the ward was putting on a pancake breakfast, hey free breakfast?! Who can pass that up. There, David was accosted by a few people, but mostly Steve Keller, as David was re-introduced to many of the Heritage Oaks ward members.
Kathryn spent a week down in sunny southern California at her grandparents when all of the sisters, nephews, and niece went for a mini-vacation to hang out at a pool for a week. I think being around so many kids was detrimental to her sanity, but she loved being there and had fun just enjoying the pool. While she was enjoying her pool, I and another one of the son-in-laws were conscripted to build a new fence for the in-laws. I actually enjoyed it since it gave us a time to hang out without the wives and kids around. I didn't really enjoy the 6.5 hours of digging post holes and pouring cement in 90+ degree weather (I know, I know 90 degrees isn't hot it's only temperate, but it seemed hot at the time). We even went back again this week to work on it some more. The Lowe's (Kathryn's parents) really appreciate the work and it's a good excuse for a get together. I am sure that I am forgetting something more that would be interesting to some of you, but I just can't think of what it would be. Oh, I am now supposed to be the assistant scoutmaster for the older troop. I haven't had a chance to meet with the scoutmaster since he is currently on a family vacation, but it sounds as if it should be fun. I will either be great at the job, or horrible. I don't think that I will be anywhere near lukewarm.
Well, I hope that everyone enjoyed the blurb about what is going on in Mountain View, CA and I will post up updates when I can.
-Pete
Peter so glad to hear from you and find out what you guys are up to! I think you will be awesome in scouts and will have a fun time with it. When did Porkchop get so big! I still picture him as a puppy I guess. I can't believe all the fruit and vegetables he will eat but it has to be healthy for him, right? When we did our fence after doing one side of fence post holes, Jeremy decided it was worth hiring a machine for the hole part. It was sad to see this drill do in 1 minute what it would take him 30. Love catching up with you guys.
ReplyDeleteSo glad that picture was taken months ago because if you had a fire in the fire place even remotely lately, I might have a bit of a conniption, since I just looked at the thermostat and it reads 112. I was dying at the porkchop stories, by the way... glad to know tahoe isn't the only food-obsessed dog out there!!
ReplyDeleteand ps, glad you have joined the blogging club :)