Well, I wish the picture would do the pumpkin plant a little more justice. The thing is ENORMOUS!! It is taking over the whole back corner of the yard by the compost pile. One of the vines is crawling up the fence and is trying to escape our yard and start the takeover of the neighbors.
I was able to thin out the peach tree today (again) and probably took off at least another 100-125 peaches. I am sure that the overloaded branches appreciate it, but Porkchop was looking forward to eating the low-hanging fruit I am sure.
Tuesday, Thursday are my LSAT classes and the first one was horrible. I mean I learned some great techniques, but the temperature that day was close to 100 and the building they have the course in had its a/c broken. But since the heater worked that was turned on. I know, it didn't make sense to any of us either. So I cooked in a room with sweat literally pouring down my face for 3.5 hours. Oh joy! I get to go back tonight! I really hope they fixed the a/c. I have already spent 4-5 hours doing my homework and whatnot for the class today, so I should fry my brain about 30 minutes into the class this evening.
Kathryn was in charge of setting up the tables and chairs for an enrichment dinner this week. Why you ask? Because she is on the enrichment committee. Oh, and since it's not at the church it's a good thing her husband has a truck and can haul all the chairs (60+) and tables to go with them. So Kathryn took a day off work to help me haul them over, and sweet guy that I am, I told her I would take care of the returning the items the next day. The total of time used? 4.5 HOURS. I told Kathryn next time she gets to make the posters for the announcement and someone else can take care of the other stuff.
One of the good things that came out of this event (besides blessings for service) were the multiple bouquets that Kathryn put together and was able to keep. So now we have sunflower bouquets scattered around the house. So there are some perks to getting to keep some of the decorations from the activities.
If you have a truck and you are LDS you are doomed. Just wait till the next family needs to move! :) Last year our pumpkin sent a vine under our fence unbeknownst to me and our neighbors enjoyed a bunch of pumpkins for Halloween. They can take off on you. Why wouldn't they cancel class if the a/c was broken? That sounds pretty miserable. Hope the next class was better!
ReplyDelete