Well, every once in a while I get the chance to go down to Hollister, CA with some other Scout enthusiasts. (That is "Scout" like my old truck, not the scouts that I am going to be in charge of). This was the 4th time that I went down there and I had a fun time camping overnight and AVOIDING the poison oak.
The LSAT course is going along just fine. There is "required" homework, which is the hw you have to complete for Kaplan to back their "better score guarantee," and the "recommended" hw, which is what I try to do as well. It took me probably 4-5 hours per session. But, I am actually enjoying the course. Every time I sit down to either the class or homework I really feel like I have to exercise my brain, unlike some of the classes I have taken where the instructor just wants you to regurgitate your class notes. Kathryn went to SF with her sister and bro-in-law and had fun walking across the golden gate bridge. Hmmmm... what else... the primary lesson we taught today was on "The Lord Blesses Missionaries." Our challenge to the kids was to write a missionary and thank them for their service. So... if you know a missionary... wink-wink... write them a letter.
Porkchop has decided that it is too hot to walk if he doesn't get his walk first thing in the morning. If you try and take him on a walk later in the day he will flop down on every bit of shade and grass and not move. However, he still likes a nap on what was previously the cats' blanket.
ps. for a size comparison, the tires on my Scout are 35 inches tall. About 3 ft.
Holy crap! I flinch just looking at those pictures of you driving the scout up those rocks. I am sure Jeremy's reaction will just be "how cool!" Rocky loves to go on walks but collapses after a block right now. Its just too hot to exercise once the sun is up.
ReplyDelete