Kathryn's parents have helped immensely with the packing and cleaning. Between Kathryn and I, someone needs to constantly be with Tommy while the other packs. So, typically this role would be filled by Kathryn (since I lack some of the necessities of keeping him happy). But, while I can clean and move the boxes, Kathryn usually wants to actually pack the boxes so that things are organized and don't break. Which is where Anita has helped. She would either entertain Tommy or pack boxes, leaving me free to place all the boxes in our "storage unit" (aka the garage).
It has been so great being in the area with family. After having lived in San Diego for so long with no family around, it has been nice to have a support structure for times like these when we are under a time crunch.
In other news, Dave and Griselda passed through here last weekend on their way to a wedding in Monterrey. They were kind enough to leave a nasty virus that incubated until the middle of the week, then exploded in a horrible, gut-wrenching 24 hours of misery. But, it was still nice to see them.
Finally, time for some pictures.
The cousins: Nathaniel 3.5 months, Tommy 4.5 months, and Greta Mae 5.5 months
And Tommy's first taste of "solid" food.
I think every time you used to visit us you would get sick. Must be something about family. We just want to share everything, including our germs. I can hear you about animal hair. Every day we sweep up a whole dustpan of dog hair in our house. Its almost enough to have you look at those hideous hair less cat and dog species out there. See you in less than 2 weeks!
ReplyDelete