Sunday, April 11, 2010

Another Week

Well the good news is that Tommy's reflux seems to be getting better. He doesn't throw up nearly as much, which in turn means he eats slightly less frequently. Usually that is the case. Friday he ate every 45 minutes to 60 minutes, but then he only ate once Friday night. Of course Kathryn being used to his need to eat every 2 hours kept waking up think that he was waking up to eat. Nope, the kid is just a noisy sleeper. We had a new medication that Tommy was taking for a couple of days that was supposed to help his reflux some more. However one of the side effects is insomnia. So Tommy went for about 36 hours with only sleeping 30 minutes or so. I thought Kathryn was going to lose it. She was cross-eyed with tiredness by the end of it. He no longer takes that medication and has started sleeping better. Between school and the baby I haven't had as much time to do the household chores. I think it has been a couple of weeks since I mowed the lawn and it is now tall enough that Porkchop loses his tennis balls in it and when he stands on the grass all you can see is his body and head, no legs. Hopefully I can take care of that tomorrow.
Kathryn recently told me that we need to take more pictures of Tommy. This is probably true, because right now I can't think of having taken any pictures this last week. I will take some today and post some up later so that everyone can see how he is doing.

2 comments:

  1. 36 hours of no good sleeping?! Makes for a tired and grouchy baby and so hard on the parents. What medication is he on now? Lawns can always wait but babies and tired mom's can't. Glad you are putting first things first. Hope the sleeping/eating schedule eases up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( Been there... and I'm glad I'm not there anymore, but I am living proof that you can make it through! Sorry that it's been so rough.

    ReplyDelete