Sunday, August 19, 2012

No Catching up Allowed

Well, for all you cynics out there who thought I just quit blogging....I didn't. I guess you could say I just took a bit of a leave of absence, and I will be honest with you, it may happen again. Since this is the first post, in who knows HOW many months, I really can't try and catch up on everything. So I will try and go in reverse order from what has happened most recently, to what happened months ago. Kathryn and Tommy were able to go up to Lake Tahoe with the Lowe's for a while for their annual family vacation. Unfortunately, I had to work. My family went and had a great time in Huntington Beach, while my wife and child went to Tahoe. Either way you look at it, EVERYONE had more fun than me that week. It was just me and the dog, and the cats, and the plants, etc. Tommy had a blast and was telling me for days how he loved the Tahoe house. He played tennis, swam in the pool AND the lake, went on a paddle board, and was even towed behind a powerboat on a tube with his Mom. Exciting times! Every time I spoke with Kathryn she would tell me how much fun they were having, and Tommy would be talking as fast as he could to try and tell me everything that he was doing. Everything is the same at work, I will be changing my schedule in about another month or so, but work is...work. We had the opportunity to see the Hall's when they came down for the week of Memorial Day. We went to the beach, and did a bunch of family stuff. I know that Tommy had fun meeting/seeing his cousins. He has had the chance to see David & Griselda's clan fairly often, but he hasn't seen the Hall's too much. I spoke at the Golden Gate Cemetery in San Bruno (off of Hwy 280 on the way to San Francisco) for Memorial day at the request of the VFW. It was a good turn out. I think 700+ people showed up for it. Some of the other participants had a different perspective than me, but I felt grateful that I could say a few words that may give some people something to think about. Tommy held up a little flag and raced around, maybe not the most respectful, but a lot of people took photos of him being cute. Tommy had his two-year birthday party, which was a blast. But, he was having so much fun that he didn't really eat his birthday cake. But BOY! did he eat up some ice cream. I wish that I could say that I remember everything that has happened in the last several months that you may find interesting, but nothing is coming to mind right now. (Although that could be from the post-Sunday dinner food stupor I am in). So here are some photos. Enjoy!
Man, photos take FOREVER to upload.

2 comments:

  1. oh THANK YOU THANK YOU! We loved looking at this! Claire has been wanting to see pictures of Tommy and this was perfect. We loved the update. And by the way, I know this has been said, but we REALLY missed you guys in Huntington. Never. Again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peter, is it bad that its taken me a couple of weeks to check your blog to see this?! I am so glad we came down in June to see you as otherwise I would have been in tears in August. As it was I just missed you and your family. We are thinking we will have to do that again this year. I love the picture of you and Tommy mowing the lawn together. That is awesome.

    ReplyDelete