Sunday, September 25, 2011

September











Kathryn told me that since she writes so much in Tommy's journal that I have to update the blog more often.

At church today, I realized, yet again, that how we say something is just as important as what we say. Many times I find that even though people have interesting things to say, that the way they present their ideas is so convoluted that I can't ever tell what the point is.

Anyways, it was just a thought I had.

Summer is finally officially over. I think we are now at the 2nd day of autumn if my mother can be believed. Tommy is growing like a weed (like always). He has recently exploded in the speaking department. Starting about 2 weeks ago he has been working on A LOT of new words. It is so amazing to see the developmental changes that he is going through. I think that I have been very lucky to have had the opportunity to spend so much time with him. First when I was still in school I was around so much for when he was a newborn, and now I only work a 3-4 day work week. Of course the days I work are longer because of that, but it does give me a lot of time on my days off to spend with him and Kathryn.

In two weeks I will be going on the first trip of hopefully a new tradition among the Skeehan men of getting together for a weekend every year. Something to look forward to, and something to pass along to the next generation as they become 12-years old and can come along. We don't have a lot of traditions, and it will be nice to start this one I think.

Hopefully, it won't be too cold, and we will be able to have some outdoor fun without freezing.

My work schedule will be changing yet again in another week, but at least after that it will be consistent for the next several months. For those that are curious, comparing it to my last job is apples and oranges, but I am enjoying it and the more I work the more I realize how lucky I have been to have grown up in the area and with the family that I did.

To be honest it is too much work to try and balance out captions for each photo. I know I could, if I just used this program more, but it is too much of a hassle. So, just to give an over view, some of these photos are from "Happy Hollow" a children's zoo and park, the beach, and the rest of them you can pretty much figure out where we were.

We hope you enjoy the pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Cute photos! I love Tommy's expression in the photo w/ Greta. Classic.

    ReplyDelete