Saturday, October 29, 2011

October


Nothing really exciting. Tommy went to his first pumpkin patch this month. We went over to Half Moon Bay, to have a day at the patch, some seafood, and to wiggle our toes in the sand. Tommy thought the pumpkins were great. He would try each one out by going over to it, and then sitting on it.
It was hilarious!
He did this for probably 15-20 minutes before he realized that big semi-trailer trucks were zooming by on the highway 100 yards away. Then he would just stare and point at those. At least until he thought that he needed a closer look and would weave through the pumpkins and try and get closer to the road.





As you can see, he had quite a choice pf pumpkins. But once we saw the prices, we were glad to just get some mini-pumpkins from grandma Lynda.

The pumpkin patch lost its glamor after he started trying to "see" the trucks rolling by, so we went on to our next activity.

We went to a restaurant called "Barbara's Fish Trap" that had been recommended to us.

They had some "famous" clam chowder that I had in a bread bowl. (Mmmmm...) And Kathryn tried out a delicious crab sandwich. Tommy had chicken n' chips, (fish would be too adventurous for him) and he loved dipping everything in ranch, and/or cocktail sauce. Any kind of "dip" is the greatest thing for him. He loves to dip his pancakes in syrup, applesauce, yogurt, whatever is available.

This week Tommy was able to go and visit his great-grandparents in southern California with his mom and some of his cousins. This is his newest cousin Milo, who Tommy calls "Mimo."


And who needs to buy toys when kids are fine with an empty box?


And I will just finish up with some random pumpkin patch photos.






1 comment:

  1. First I am very jealous that Kathryn is wearing flip flops! I am currently in the fuzziest warmest socks I can find. And clam chowder in a bread bowl would just make the perfect day. I am constantly amazed at what a little boy Tommy is. I still remember him as this little cute baby. We bought a bunch of little soy sauce bowls from Cost Plus when our kids were little to hold their various 'dips'. Allison used to just drink hers which made me gag.

    ReplyDelete